~Spicy "Refried Beans"~
2 cups sunflower seeds and/or walnuts (soaked at least 6 hrs- rinse once)
1 cup sundried tomatoes (reconstituted in filtered water-do not throw out this water. It's yummy and a great salt substitute.)
2 Tbl Organic Cold-pressed Extra Virgin Olive made with LOVE (Look for the story on the package! Do the right thing--you'll taste the difference.)
1/4-1/2 cup filtered water
2 tsp Ancho chili powder
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp tsp--or til it meets your fiery desire--cayenne pepper
1) Pulse nuts and seeds in a food processor with sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, 1/4 cup of water and the spices. Leave a little texture to them.
2) Add more water and/or the water from the sun-dried tomatoes as needed to get consistency you like.
Garnish with fresh green onion, cilantro and jalapeno slices.
(Key to great guac, don't mess with it! Let the avocados shine through and of course start out with the best ingredients EVER!)
3-5 Avocados (count on each person eating a half)
1/2 cup red onion, minced
3 Tbl cilantro, minced
1/2 cup diced tomatoes (you could also add reconstituted sun-dried tomatoes)
2 tsp jalapeno pepper, minced
2 Tbl Lime juice
1) Add avocados to the bowl and drizzle over the lime juice.
2) Add chopped ingredients.
3) Combine with a wooden spoon.
~Spicy Tomato Sauce~
3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, (reconstituted in filtered water)
2 cups filtered water
2 Tbl Olive Oil
1/2 of a jalapeno, chopped
handful of cilantro (if you don't have a vitamix, you'll likely need to chop this before adding it to the blender.)
1) Add all the ingredients to the blender pitcher and blend. You may need to add a little more water get the consistency how you want, but that's basically it.
Arrange these ingredients on a leaf of romaine and serve with chopped jalapeno, green onion and diced red onion, cilantro and sunflower sprouts.
And Enjoy!! This one is great for dinner parties :)
So there you have it. My RAW take on tacos. Try it like this once or twice and then PLEASE, get wild and crazy with it! I promise that this dish will satisfy any cooked food cravings.
And remember, organic, local and even home-grown produce is what makes this meal! Put the LOVE into it and it will LOVE you back. Hope you'll try it and tell me what you think.